miss rostamian's beautybox



<
bienvenue
Welcome to missrostamian's beautybox! The purpose of this blog is to evaluate a combination of six low-end and high-end beauty products in which I have recently used. By judging effectiveness, quality and cost, I will present my opinion and you will be able to formulate your own. So will you dig it or ditch it?

& the links to COMMENT are found at the
TOP LEFT of the page,
so feel free to
leave your taaags, skanks :)
bisoubisou ♥



links
shandra (2 comments)
tatiana (1 comment)
samantha (3 comments)
j-squad






mascara Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:08 PM
PRODUCT
maybelline the colossal volum' express mascara

PRICE
$6.93 | Walmart


THOUGHTS
When I first started to see this mascara around, I was immediately attracted to the bright yellow tube. Moreover, injected with collagen, this mascara is supposed to 'plump' lashes, a first in mascara. I naturally have long lashes, but I was looking for a mascara which provided lashes with curl and volume, so Colossal, with the promise of 9x more volume, seemed like the way to go.

USAGE
The wand - which gives this mascara it's name - is truly colossal. Loaded with bristles, the applicator itself implies fullness. Because of the collagen, the mascara has a nice consistency; not liquid-y, but not clumpy either. However, because of how big the wand is, sometimes separation of lashes becomes a problem and clumps do result. Moreover, this mascara is very flakey - by day's end flakes are always found along my bottom lashes, sometimes even on the tops of my cheecks! It requires several coats to acheive a desirable look, however I do admit that I have yet to use a mascara that doesn't.

VERDICT
Although pretty on the outside, this product ultimately fails to deliver. Considering the hype of this product, I was not impressed. The price was not bad, however it's not cheap enough to justify the product. The only thing I can truly appreciate about this mascara is the one thing that doesn't matter - the casing. Overall, I ditch this product.
♥♥1/2 / 5







mascara
Thursday, January 28, 2010, 10:08 PM
0 comments